Open is a space for everybody to safely share their real selves, thoughts, and feelings and by doing so, form more genuine connections with others. There are three principles behind our Code of Conduct:
Open is a place to be open, authentic and honest about yourself
You can use Open for:
- Personal stories/thoughts/feelings
- Questions/requests for help
- Commenting anonymously on other's posts
- Share your everyday life
Open’s users are kind, compassionate and empathetic towards others.
All users should follow these statements:
- React with empathy
- Be respectful of opposing views
- Keep a supportive and safe environment
- Offer help if it’s possible
On Open there is zero tolerance for behavior that is mean, judgmental, abusive, or dishonest
We do not allow the following:
- Using inappropriate, vulgar, or abusive language
- Being excessively critical and disrespectful to different views
- Encourage self-harm, suicide or promoting violence
- Identifying other users or members of the public by using names or descriptions so that your friends could identify them.
- Soliciting sex or sexual conduct from other users
- Posting external links
If you see messages in the Open app being flagged for violating Open's community guidelines a short explanation relating to one of the points above will be given. Repeated flagged messages may result in a short term or permanent suspension from using Open.