Open is designed for those seeking an alternative to existing social media platforms that exhibit harmful or unhealthy qualities. It is becoming increasingly difficult to create or sustain productive, transparent or constructive conversations on the internet due trolling, cyberbullying, judgment, and harassment. Open aims to solve this problem by anonymously hosting genuine and thoughtful dialogue. As a judgment-free zone, Open users are encouraged to discuss topics with empathy, understanding, compassion, helpfulness and supportiveness in mind. There are three principles behind our community guidelines:
Open is a place to be open, authentic and honest about yourself
You can use Open for:
- Personal stories, thoughts or feelings
- Questions or requests for help
- Commenting anonymously on other's posts
- Share your everyday life
- Expressing yourself where you wouldn't be able to on public forums
Open’s users are kind, compassionate and empathetic towards others.
All users should follow these statements:
- React with empathy
- Be respectful of opposing views
- Keep a supportive and safe environment
- Offer help if it’s possible
On Open there is zero tolerance for behavior that is mean, judgmental, abusive, or dishonest
We do not allow the following:
- Using inappropriate, vulgar, or abusive language
- Being excessively critical and disrespectful to different views
- Encourage self-harm, suicide or promoting violence
- Identifying other users or members of the public by using names or descriptions so that your friends could identify them.
- Soliciting sex
- Posting external links
In order to ensure that Open remains a safe and welcoming place for everyone, all messages are subject to moderation within the app. Any and all comments are welcome and permitted as long as they do not violate our community Guidelines. Our Guidelines can be found within the app through your Profile section, under the Support category:
For additional information on each additional section, please be sure to review each individual "Flagged Messages" article within the Trust & Safety section of our help center.
Posting multiple flagged messages may result in a temporary suspension from Open. Suspensions happen based on the total number of messages that have been flagged from your account. If you believe that your message has been flagged in error, please be sure to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for review.